- Since 1986, the Kootenail County Farmers' Market has been providing the communities of North Idaho with fresh, locally-grown produce. From May thru October, our markets specialize in vegetable, flower and native plants, along with an ever changing array of local food products: meats, cheeses, breads, honey and jams all season long.
- Grab a cup of coffee, listen to some live music and peruse the more than 100 producers and artisans who make up our two markets; from cheese to chairs; bread to birdhouses.
- Wednesday Market hours: 4 pm to 6:30 pm. May thru September. Fifth St & Shermam Ave, Downtown Coeur D Alene
- Saturday Market hours: 9 am to 1:30 pm. May thru October. SE Corner of Hwy 95 & Prairie Ave. Hayden, ID.
- Wednesdays 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm July 10 to September 18, 2019
- Our Place Community Outreach. 1509 W. College Ave. Spokane, WA
- Open to all
- For more information call 509-326-7267
- Classes meet weekly, Attend one, two or stay for all three classes
- Spirit Lake. Timberlake Jr High School. 5830 Blackwell Blvd. Spirit Lake, ID. Wednesday, September 4. Wednesday, September 11. Wednesday, September 18.
- Rathdrum. Lakeland Jr. High School. 15601 ID-41 Rathdrum, ID. Thursday, September 5. Thursday, September 12. Thursday, September 19.
- All days: 4:30 to 5:30 pm Smartphone. 5:30 to 6:30pm Google Docs. 6:30 to 7:30 pm Google Sheets
- Lakeland Literacy Project Adult Learning Center
- FOr more information, call 208-687-4371
- Choose from two sessions. Tuesdays. Sept. 10 to Oct. 15. 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. 624 W. Harrison Ave OR Wednesdays. Sept. 11 to Oct. 16. 9:30 am to 11:00 am. 702 W. Walnut Ave
- Learn strategies to reduce stress. Enhance quality of life for you and your loved one. Build confidence in your decisions. Connect with helpful resources. Learn to give yourself credit, NOT GUILT.
- Award winning program that has helped thousands of family caregivers
- You don't have to do it alone!!!
- Registration is mandatory. Class size is limited.
- For more information or to register, call 208-664-8119
- Hospice of North Idaho presents a Frontline Documentary Screening of "Being Mortal".
- As life draws to a close, what matters most?
- Free documentary viewing and discussion with local clinicians.
- Pinehurst; September 19. 10 am - noon at Shonshone Medical Center
- Coeur D Alene. November 12. 10 am to noon at Hospice of North Idaho
- Details at www.honi.org/news
- (208) 772-7994
- Presented the the military ministry at Christ The King Lutheran Church.
- The event includes a sit-down dinner (Chicken a la king), The Missing Man Ceremony performed by local veterans, and keynote speaker, Robert Martin, US Army, Retired, Vietnam.
- Friday, September 20, 2019. Doors will open @ 5:30 pm. Please come on time as the doors will be locked during the Missing Man Ceremony.
- Families are encouraged to bring children.
- The price per person is $15 and must be purchased in advaNCE BY September 18.
- For tickets, call Larry Carstensen @ 208-777-9684 OR Barb Nelson @ 208-930-1661
- The church is located at 1700 E. Pennsylvania Ave, Coeur D Alene.
- At the Roosevelt Inn. 105 E Wallace Ave, Coeur Dhttp://email@example.com Alene, ID
- September 21, 2019. 10 am to 4 pm
- Come check out vendors, support local small businesses and get a jump start on your Christmas shopping
- Now accepting vendors. Contact Kayla at The Roosevelt Inn. 208-765-5200 or by email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday, September 28th, 2019. 8 am to noon.
- This class is an introduction to women's self-defense tactics including deterrents, avoidance, and detection of a personal attack. Class includes a hands-on portion where you will learn basic self-defense maneuvers.
- Open to the public for females ages 14 and over. Please invite your friends/family/co-workers/neighbors to this valuable course.
- Led by the Spokane County Sheriff's Office Defensive Tactics Instructors.
- Class held at the Sheriff's Training Center. 6011 N. Chase Rd. Newman Lake, WA
- Registration: send email to SCSOTraining@spokanesheriff.org
- Include name of all attending plus email address for attendees in registration email.
- Payment methods will be sent to you after your registration has been confirmed by the sheriff's training office
- Questions? Call us at 509-477-4793
- American Legion Auxiliary Unit 149 invites one and all to their Pay It Forward Dinner
- Saturday, September 28th at 6 pm.
- At the American Legion Hall. 5525 E. Highway 54; Athol.
- Price (per person) is either a $7 donation OR 2 cans of nonperishable food items OR 2 nonfood items (diapers, toilet paper, paper towels, laundry soap, etc). Donations will be given to the ABC Food Banks (Athol, Bayview, and Careywood)
- Dinner menu consists of ham, scalloped potatoes, salads, and dessert.
- Note that you DO NOT NEED TO BE A MEMBER of the American Legion to attend. All are welcome!!
- Every Monday night, beginning September 30th and ending on November 18th. (8 days total) Class runs from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Hear from Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich and ask questions.
- Learn about each department and services provided by your Sheriff's Office.
- Meet and hear from Deputies who patrol and work all over Spokane County.
- Have an introduction to every function that the Sheriff's Office performs such as traffic, major crimes, school resource deputies, canine, SWAT, helicopter, marine enforcement, search & rescue and more!!
- See sheriff's vehicles and equipment
- See SWAT equipment.
- 6011 N. Chase Rd. Newman Lake, WA
- To sign up: Call Deputy David Morris @ 509-477-6044 or email email@example.com
- Registration is FREE.
- Class size is limited to 30, so sign up soon.
- Due to limited seating, attendees MUST attend 7 out of 8 sessions.
- Saturday, October 5th, 2019. Doors open at 5:00 pm.
- Mirabeau Park Hotel & Convention Center. 1100 N. Sullivan Rd. Spokane Valley, WA.
- Our fundraiser helps send our veterans, free of charge, to Washington DC, to thank them for their service and to visit the memorials erected in their honor.
- To make your reservations, donate money or become a sponsor, visit INWNW.Maestroweb.com or contact Cheryl @ 208-819-6431 or email Cheryl@inwhonorflight.org
- Inland Northwest Honor Flight is a 501 (c) (3) organization.
- Saturday, October 5, 2019. 11 am to 5 pm
- Join Downtown Spokane, River Park Square, and Riverfront Park for the Second Annual FALL FEST. Fun activities for the entire family
- Inside River Park Square: Craft Patch with Mobius Kids. Picture Patch. Pet Patch.
- On Wall Street: Urban Pumpkin Patch presented by Peirone Produce. Country Carnival.
- At Riverfront Park: Chalk Art Contest. Family Photo Spot. Straw Maze. Food Alley. Carrousel Crafts with Art Salvage
- Live Entertainment: From sing-alongs to science shows, to roaming dancers, and interactive fun, Fall Fest will be a showcase of local talent.
- 5K Fun Run and Family Fun Day.
- October 6. 2019. Kids' Corner: noon to 2 pm. Silent Auction: 12:30 pm to 1:45 pm. Remembrance Ceremony: 2 pm. Run begins: 2:30 pm.
- Post Falls Volkswagen Kids' Corner: Jump houses, ice cream, princesses, face painting, games & more!!!!
- If you would like your child's name read at the remembrance ceremony, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register today: www.inwsids.org
- Join us to bring awareness to pregnancy, infant & child loss.
- All proceeds benefit the education and grief support programs of the Inland Northwest SIDS Foundation.
- October 10, 2019. 10 am to noon for Providers. 1 pm to 5 pm for Professionals. 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm for the Public.
- At the Kroc Center in Coeur D Alene
- Reaching providers, professionals and the public with education, awareness and innovative solutions to North Idaho's opioid crisis
- Registration required. Cost is FREE. Register online
- Hosted by Special Guest "Sunshine" Shelly Monahan
- Celebrate thirty years of barbershop with the Spirit of Spokane Chorus
- Special guests: Coeur D Alene Chorus, Rivers Edge Chorus, Pages of Harmony, and Lake City Harmonizers
- October 12 @ 7:00 pm
- Riverside Place. 1100 W. Riverside; Spokane, WA.
- A portion of the show proceeds will support "Women and Children's Free Restaurant"
- Tickets: Brown Paper Tickets. $20 www.brownpapertickets.com
A musical spectacular presented by Laura Little Theatrical Productions
- Production will be December 13 - 23, 2019. Tickets on sale NOW!
- Tickets & information: 208-292-8750
- Third Friday of every month. 5 pm to 8:45 pm.
- 2019 dates: September 20, October 18, November 15, December 20.
- Center Court at the Silverlake Mall, Coeur D Alene, ID.
- This event, led by Papa Ray Tapia, has grown to have a loyal following and is now a treasured community event. They outgrew the Community Room at the mall and the event is now held at Centercourt in front of Macy's.
- If you are a musician, bring your instrument! If you're a music fan, just come and enjoy the best of our local talent!!
Confidential help for Veterans and families
confidential resource that connects Veterans
in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)responders.
Veterans & their loved ones can call
1-800-273-8255 press 1
or chat online at
to receive free confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
even if they are not registered with the department of veterans Affairs or enrolled in VA health care.
For more information about the Veterans Crisis Line, visit www.VeteransCrisisLine.net
For more information about VA's mental health resources, visit www.mentalhealth.va.gov.
+Priest River Ministries Advocates for Women is a faith based, non profit
agency providing free services and support for victims of domestic violence,
sexual assault and human trafficking.
+They offer emergency shelter, support groups, advocacy in the courts,
paralegal services and many other services.
+There are three locations, Priest River, Sandpoint and Spirit Lake.
+The Priest River and Spirit Lake locations also offer a free clothing store and
pantry with items such as diapers, baby formula and toiletries.
+For location addresses, hours or more information, visit their website at
PRMAFW.org or call them at 208-448-2800
+They also offer a 24/7 helpline at 208-290-6529
- "Where Grace and Mercy is extended to all" "Donde la Gracia y la Miserdicordia se extiende a todos"
- Services in English and Spanish. Servicios en Ingles y Espanol
- Sunday/ 10:30 am. Domingo 10:30 am.
- 22421 E. Euclid Ave. Otis Orchard, WA.