Confidential help for Veterans and families
confidential resource that connects Veterans
in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)responders.
Veterans & their loved ones can call
1-800-273-8255 press 1
or chat online at
to receive free confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
even if they are not registered with the department of veterans Affairs or enrolled in VA health care.
For more information about the Veterans Crisis Line, visit www.VeteransCrisisLine.net
For more information about VA's mental health resources, visit www.mentalhealth.va.gov.
+Priest River Ministries Advocates for Women is a faith based, non profit
agency providing free services and support for victims of domestic violence,
sexual assault and human trafficking.
+They offer emergency shelter, support groups, advocacy in the courts,
paralegal services and many other services.
+There are three locations, Priest River, Sandpoint and Spirit Lake.
+The Priest River and Spirit Lake locations also offer a free clothing store and
pantry with items such as diapers, baby formula and toiletries.
+For location addresses, hours or more information, visit their website at
PRMAFW.org or call them at 208-448-2800
+They also offer a 24/7 helpline at 208-290-6529
+Every first Tuesday of the month at 8 am.
+All active military and veterans are invited to enjoy a scrumptious, complimentary breakfast at Garden Plaza Senior Living Community.
+545 N. Garden Plaza Court. Post Falls, ID.
+Call 208-773-3701 to RSVP
Adult Game Night
+Every Wednesday, 5pm
+Come play board games with other members of the community.
+Use the games provided or bring your own.
Coffee and Coloring
+Every Friday, 10am-12noon
+Come espresso yourself! Stop by the Hayden Library for a cup of coffee and adult coloring.
Geezer Forum South
+3rd Tuesday, each month
+Presented by Professionals Serving Seniors, the Geezer Forum South hots monthly discussions on various topics related to aging.
- From Halcyon Shows. An aerial and acrobatic adventure tale!
- Friday, January 25, 2019. 7:30 pm.
- At the Kroc Center Theater.
- Tickets: $35. VIP: $50. Students:$25. Available online at kroccda.org/tickets
- Celebrating our Fortieth Season!!!
- March 8 & 9, 2019. Discovering Prodigies With Young Artists. Brahms Hungarian Dance No 5. National Young Artist Winners.
- May 3 & 4, 2019. Season Finale: Sounds of Magic. Dukas The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Glazunov Saxophone Concerto. Respighi Pines of Rome.
- All concerts are at the Salvation Army Kroc Center in Coeur D Alene
- All concerts are on Fridays at 7:30 pm and Saturdays at 2:00 pm
- Saturday, January 26th, 2019. 8 am to noon.
- Sheriff's Training Center. 6011 N. Chase Rd. Newman Lake, WA 99025
- This class in an intro to women's self defense tactics including deterrents, avoidance and detection of a personal attack. Class includes a hands on portion where you will learn basic self defense maneuvers.
- Class is open to the public for females ages 14 and up.
- Invite your friends/family/coworkers/neighbors to this valuable course
- Led by the Spokane County Sheriff's Office Defensive Tactics Instructors
- Registration: send email to SCSOTraining@spokanesheriff.org . Include names of all attending plus email addresses for those attendees.
- Class fee: $35. Nonrefundable. Payment methods will be sent to you after your registration has been confirmed by the Sheriff's Training Office.
- Questions? Call us at 509-477-4793
- Third Friday of every month. 5 pm to 8:45 pm.
- 2019 dates: February 15, March 15, April 19, May 17, June 21, July 19, August 16, September 20, October 18, November 15, December 20.
- Center Court at the Silverlake Mall, Coeur D Alene, ID.
- This event, led by Papa Ray Tapio, has grown to have a loyal following and is now a treasured community event. They outgrew the Community Room at the mall and the event is now held at Centercourt in front of Macy's.
- If you are a musician, bring your instrument! If you're a music fan, just come and enjoy the best of our local talent!!
Calling all parents! It's time to get your child
Ready for Kindergarten
+Lakeland District: 1/29, and 4/2
+Post Falls District: 2/5, and 4/9
+Coeur d'Alene District: 2/9, and 4/13
+Workshops are for parents and caregivers of children age 2-5
+More information at www.ReadyForKindergarten.org
- Hosted by Athol Baptist Church and Vitalant/Washington and Idaho (note that Vitalant is the new name for Inland NW Blood Center)
- Sunday, January 27, 2019 @ 10 am to 12:15 pm
- Held at Athol Baptist Church. 29145 Sylvan, Athol, ID
- Sign up at Athol Baptist or call 800-423-0151. Sponsor code: Athol Baptist Church.
- CYT North Idaho presents its 4th Annual Fundraiser.
- Evening includes: Classic in Concert of South Pacific. Dessert Assortment. Polynesian Dance Lessons. Fun Games and Prizes. Wear your best Hawaiian Apparel!!!
- February 2, 2019. 6 pm to 9 pm. Candlelight Christian Fellowship; Coeur D Alene.
- Tickets $30 per person. $200 for a table of eight. To purchase your tickets, call 208-929-0066 or purchase online at cytnorthidaho.org
- May 4th, 2019. 8 am to 5 pm.
- Christ The King Lutheran Church. 1700 Pennsylvania Ave, CDA, ID
- CTK Merchant Market is a craft fair of veteran crafters and local vendors to share their wares.
- All are welcome!!! Concessions, tons of parking and different stall holders from crafts, foods, gifts and arts. Come join us!!!
- For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Starts February 15, 2019 and ends February 16, 2019. Begins Friday at 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Registration and check in opens at 5:00 pm on Friday. Saturday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm with Continental Breakfast at 7:30 am.
- Faith Bible Church. 600 W. Cora Ave. Spokane, WA. 99205
- Cost $55 through February 3. $75 after February 3.
- Last day to pre register: February 13, 2019. You will still be able to register at the door but you will not be guaranteed a gift bag.
- Additional family members receive $10 off when registering at the same time. Scholarships also available. Contact the church office at email@example.com
- Register online
- Saturday, March 16th. Noon to Three.
- Coeur D Alene Shrine Club; 1250 Lancaster Rd, Hayden
- Special guest speaker, Patty Moreno
- Lunch provided by Richeezmo Catering
- Tickets $25 individual or host a table: 6 top $125; 8 top $175 (table host will receive a complimentary ticket)
- Tickets available online at realchoicesclinic.com, on Facebook, or call 208-667-5433
- Please RSVP as soon as possible. We expect to sell out.
- Please call us if you or your church would like to donate a basket or an item for the silent auction.
- An event for women of every generation! Linking lives to form a deeper faith
- Featuring Laurie Polich Short and Brooklyn Lindsey
- March 22nd, 2019. 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
- The Salvation Army Kroc Center. 1765 West Golf Course Road, Coeur D Alene, ID.
- Early Bird price: $39. (register by 3/17.) Some scholarships are available.
- Register at shegrowsconference.com.
- For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, May 23, 2019. 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- At the Silver Lake Mall, Coeur D Alene, Idaho
- Come enjoy an evening that is all things BACON!!! Individuals, businesses and organizations will be preparing their best bacon treats and will be judged by the public.
- Winning trophies for Chef's Choice, People's Choice and Best Decorated Table!!!
- Live music!!!
- $25 per ticket and $10 for kids 12 and under
- All proceeds to benefit St. Vincent de Paul North Idaho's Returning Citizens (for the warming centers)
- Response to Violence. Let's stop the wolf!!!!
- Who should attend? Pastors, church staff, youth workers, ALL first responders, single moms, business owners, school teachers and administrators, anyone and everyone concerned about violence.
- ALL Kootenai County first resopnders can attend for FREE (police, fire fighters, paramedics, EMTs). IDaho Post is giving 10 hours of credit to police,
- A special section on prevention of sexual abuse will also take place. Youth workers are encouraged to attend.
- March 8 to 9, 2019. Friday afternoon (1:00 pm to 5:00 pm). Friday night (6:30 pm to 8:30 pm) Saturday (8:00 am to 12:30 pm)
- Candlelight Church; 5725 N. Pioneer Dr, Coeur D Alene, ID.
- Cost: $59. Price will increase to $69 on February 15.
- For more information or to pre register, go to www.sheepdogsafetytraining.com. Pre registration is required.
- Men's Bible Study video series.
- Discover what it means to step up and live a courageous life. Based on his book by the same title, Dennis Rainey and other ministry leaders unpack what biblical manhood looks like. Stepping Up defines courage throughout the five stages of manhood and commissions men to honestly evaluate where they stand in their duties of masculinity. Essential for the small group study experience, the workbook correlates to the ten video sessions and provides additional thought provoking content, small-groupJ discussion questions and three days of follow up exercises for men to finish on their own.
- At the Kroc Center. 1765 Golf Course Rd. Coeur D Alene, ID. Meets in the Admin Board Room.
- Join us every Friday @ 6:30 am for a time of study and fellowship.
- We provide hot coffee and warm muffins!!!
- 208-763-0617 email Steven.Slover@usw.salvationarmy.org
- Kroc Journey Groups are a collection of Christian-based support groups that meet on Tuesday nights that will provide a safe and comfortable space for couples and individuals to conquer life's challenges together.
- Get the tools you need to improve life for you and your family!
- All groups are open to the public and are held at the Kroc Center.
- Scholarships are available
- Divorce Recovery: Tuesdays, 8 classes. Ages 15+. January 29 to March 19. 6:15 to 7:45 pm. Gold member: $16/public/silver member $20.
- The Smart Step Family. Tuesdays, 8 classes. Ages 15+. January 29 to March 19. 6:15 to 7:45 pm. Gold member $16/ public/silver member $20.
- Parenting Like Arrows. Tuesdays, 8 classes. Ages 15+. March 26 to May 14. 6:15 to 7:45 pm.
- Gold member $16/public/silver member $20
- Learn more and register online at Kroccda.org
+ Alcoholics Anonymous aa.org
+Narcotics Anonymous North Idaho Niana.org
+Celebrate Recovery. www.celebraterecovery.com
+National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255
+North Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline 208-398-4357 (only open from 3pm to midnight)
+North Idaho Crisis Center. 24 Hour walk in or call. 2195 Ironwood Ct. CDA. 208-625-4884. Open 24/7
+Safe Passage (Domestic Violence for both men and women) 24 hour hotline: 208 664 9303. safepassageid.org
+Priest River Ministries Advocates For Women (Domestic Violence) 208-290-6529 (24/7 helpline #) PRMAFW.ORG