Confidential help for Veterans and families
confidential resource that connects Veterans
in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)responders.
Veterans & their loved ones can call
1-800-273-8255 press 1
or chat online at
to receive free confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
even if they are not registered with the department of veterans Affairs or enrolled in VA health care.
For more information about the Veterans Crisis Line, visit www.VeteransCrisisLine.net
For more information about VA's mental health resources, visit www.mentalhealth.va.gov.
+Priest River Ministries Advocates for Women is a faith based, non profit
agency providing free services and support for victims of domestic violence,
sexual assault and human trafficking.
+They offer emergency shelter, support groups, advocacy in the courts,
paralegal services and many other services.
+There are three locations, Priest River, Sandpoint and Spirit Lake.
+The Priest River and Spirit Lake locations also offer a free clothing store and
pantry with items such as diapers, baby formula and toiletries.
+For location addresses, hours or more information, visit their website at
PRMAFW.org or call them at 208-448-2800
+They also offer a 24/7 helpline at 208-290-6529
- Celebrating our Fortieth Season!!!.
- May 3 & 4, 2019. Season Finale: Sounds of Magic. Dukas The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Glazunov Saxophone Concerto. Respighi Pines of Rome.
- All concerts are at the Salvation Army Kroc Center in Coeur D Alene
- All concerts are on Fridays at 7:30 pm and Saturdays at 2:00 pm
- Third Friday of every month. 5 pm to 8:45 pm.
- 2019 dates: April 19, May 17, June 21, July 19, August 16, September 20, October 18, November 15, December 20.
- Center Court at the Silverlake Mall, Coeur D Alene, ID.
- This event, led by Papa Ray Tapia, has grown to have a loyal following and is now a treasured community event. They outgrew the Community Room at the mall and the event is now held at Centercourt in front of Macy's.
- If you are a musician, bring your instrument! If you're a music fan, just come and enjoy the best of our local talent!!
Calling all parents! It's time to get your child
Ready for Kindergarten
+Lakeland District: 4/2
+Post Falls District: 4/9
+Coeur d'Alene District: 4/13
+Workshops are for parents and caregivers of children age 2-5
+More information at www.ReadyForKindergarten.org
- May 4th, 2019. 8 am to 5 pm.
- Christ The King Lutheran Church. 1700 Pennsylvania Ave, CDA, ID
- CTK Merchant Market is a craft fair of veteran crafters and local vendors to share their wares.
- All are welcome!!! Concessions, tons of parking and different stall holders from crafts, foods, gifts and arts. Come join us!!!
- For more info: email@example.com
- An event for women of every generation! Linking lives to form a deeper faith
- Featuring Laurie Polich Short and Brooklyn Lindsey
- March 22nd, 2019. 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
- The Salvation Army Kroc Center. 1765 West Golf Course Road, Coeur D Alene, ID.
- Early Bird price: $39. (register by 3/17.) Some scholarships are available.
- Register at shegrowsconference.com.
- For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, May 23, 2019. 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- At the Silver Lake Mall, Coeur D Alene, Idaho
- Come enjoy an evening that is all things BACON!!! Individuals, businesses and organizations will be preparing their best bacon treats and will be judged by the public.
- Winning trophies for Chef's Choice, People's Choice and Best Decorated Table!!!
- Live music!!!
- $25 per ticket and $10 for kids 12 and under
- All proceeds to benefit St. Vincent de Paul North Idaho's Returning Citizens (for the warming centers)
- Post Falls Chamber of Commerce
- Wednesday, April 24, 2019. 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm business to business networking for vendors only)
- Greyhound Park and Event Center; Post Falls.
- Free to the public!!!
- For information, call 208 773 5016. www.postfallschamber.com or contact Jeannette at email@example.com
- Men's Bible Study video series.
- Discover what it means to step up and live a courageous life. Based on his book by the same title, Dennis Rainey and other ministry leaders unpack what biblical manhood looks like. Stepping Up defines courage throughout the five stages of manhood and commissions men to honestly evaluate where they stand in their duties of masculinity. Essential for the small group study experience, the workbook correlates to the ten video sessions and provides additional thought provoking content, small-groupJ discussion questions and three days of follow up exercises for men to finish on their own.
- At the Kroc Center. 1765 Golf Course Rd. Coeur D Alene, ID. Meets in the Admin Board Room.
- Join us every Friday @ 6:30 am for a time of study and fellowship.
- We provide hot coffee and warm muffins!!!
- 208-763-0617 email Steven.Slover@usw.salvationarmy.org
- Kroc Journey Groups are a collection of Christian-based support groups that meet on Tuesday nights that will provide a safe and comfortable space for couples and individuals to conquer life's challenges together.
- Get the tools you need to improve life for you and your family!
- All groups are open to the public and are held at the Kroc Center.
- Scholarships are available
- Divorce Recovery: Tuesdays, 8 classes. Ages 15+. January 29 to March 19. 6:15 to 7:45 pm. Gold member: $16/public/silver member $20.
- The Smart Step Family. Tuesdays, 8 classes. Ages 15+. January 29 to March 19. 6:15 to 7:45 pm. Gold member $16/ public/silver member $20.
- Parenting Like Arrows. Tuesdays, 8 classes. Ages 15+. March 26 to May 14. 6:15 to 7:45 pm.
- Gold member $16/public/silver member $20
- Learn more and register online at Kroccda.org
- Come celebrate American Heart Month with a free visit to the Post Falls Chapter of Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS). The non profit organization offers support, education and encouragement for your health journey.
- Meetings take place on Thursdays from 8:30 to 10:00 am at Peace Lutheran Church, located at the corner of Meyer and Prairie Ave in Post Falls.
- Men, women and children ages seven and older are all welcome
- Contact Judy @ 208 618 9769 or visit tops.org
- 7th Annual Health & Wellness Fair. Hosted by North Idaho Wellness.
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019. 4 pm to 7:30 pm @ The Coeur D Alene Resort
- 115+ Booths with FREE prizes & giveaways.
- Always FREE Admission!
- Covered Parking available along with valet.
- The Well.Ness Bar will be there with FREE fresh pressed juice and mini acai bowls.
- Fitness experts, local personal trainers, chiropractors, spas, weight loss experts, medical professionals, nutrition consultants, natural health and healing experts, natural product vendors, skin & beauty, holistic health consultants, healthy food vendors, acupuncture providers, essential oils, wellness screenings and much much more.
- The Lt. George Farragut Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution invites you to a commemoration at McEuen Park Veterans Memorial Plaza
- Friday, March 29, 2019. 12:00 noon.
- Note that if you park in the McEuen lot, you will need to obtain a ticket from the kiosk to put on your dash. If you enter two hours or less, there will be no charge.
- In case of inclement weather, the event will be held in the park's pavilion.
- Please bring a folding chair.
- Saturday, March 30, 2019. One four hour session 8 am to noon.
- 6011 N. Chase Rd. Newman Lake, WA
- This class in an introduction to Women's Self Defense Tactics including deterrents, avoidance and detection of a personal attack. The class includes a hands on portion where you will learn basic self-defense maneuvers.
- Open to public, all females ages 14 and over.
- Classes fill up fast; reserve your spot today!
- Class fee: $35. Non refundable. To register, send email to SCSOTraining@spokanesheriff.orgSCSOTraining@spokanesheriff.org Include name(s) of all attending plus email address(es) for attendees.
- Payment options will be sent to you after the Sheriff's Office has confirmed your registration.
- Questions? Call us at 509-477-4793 or email us at SCSOTraining@spokanesheriff.orgSCSOTraining@spokanesheriff.org
- Presented by Aspire Community Theatre
- At the Kroc Center in Coeur D Alene
- Our very own Kay Poland is in this! Email her at the station for a discount code.
- Friday, April 19 @ 7:30 pm. Saturday, April 20 @ 2 pm & 7:30 pm. Wednesday, April 24 @ 7:30 pm. Thursday, April 25 @ 7:30 pm. Friday, April 26 @ 7:30 pm. Saturday, April 27 @ 2 pm & 7:30 pm. Sunday, April 29 @ 2 pm.
- We are so excited to have been chosen to receive all of the clothing, shoe, toy and book donations left over from the Just Between Friends sale on Sunday April 28. In order to receive these donations, we have been asked to provide volunteers to help sort the clothing after the sale is over. This is a really easy task and perfect for teens and adults.
- 15 to 30 people needed per shift. Shifts available from 1-4, 4-7 and 7-9 pm
- Volunteers will be sorting and boxing up donated clothing.
- All volunteers will be able to purchase the donated items for .99 (each)during their shift.
- All items remaining will be sold at an upcoming fundraiser which will raise money for our education and support programs.
- Date: Sunday, April 28th at Kootenai County Fairgrounds in the Jacklin Seed Building.
- Please be sure to register EACH person in your group individually. Link to register your team herehere
- Call or text Liz at 208-557-4371 with questions.
- Resources, Health & Benefits Fair for all veterans and their families
- VA medical, VA benefits advocacy, Job fair, Legal services, Veterinary are, Bike repair, Haircuts
- Breakfast, Lunch & Coffee.
- May 11, 2019. 0800 to 1400 hrs.
- North Idaho College, Christianson Gymnasium. 1000 W. Garden Ave. Coeur D Alene, ID.
- Admission: Military ID or VA ID or DD214
- For more info, contact Eric Swanback; 208-664-3095, Ext. 314
- Find us on Facebook @ North Idaho Veterans StandDown
- We invite you to join us on April 6, 2019. 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Mirabeau Park Hotel, 1100 N Sullivan Rd, Spokane Valley
- Masquerade Attire. Formal/Semi-Formal. Mask optional.
- Red Carpet Photos & Photo Booth. Live Entertainment
- Enjoy our professional live auction with stunning packages, the decadent dessert auction, live magic and music to dance the night away.
- All proceeds to provide single mothers recovering from abuse, dependency and homelessness with a transformative community, equipping them with the skills needed to build a secure and lasting foundation for their children.
- Reserve your seat today!!! www.naomicommunity.org/masqueradewww.naomicommunity.org/masquerade